Saturday, May 9, 2009

My Dearest Courtney.....

About 30 minutes premature...BUT--I know I speak for a LOT of people when I say.....

Courtney,

You have made me so, so, so proud!! In the past, we've spoken briefly about the "What Ifs" in our lives.....many things were discussed in our multiple conversations, including the "drastic scenarios" that we now find ourselves in (I say WE, because I have taken this journey with you every step of the way even when you may not see/feel me there). You have exemplified the true meaning of motherhood in the total sense of the word. I know you thought you'd never get through this, and I know there are days you think may break you. You are a true hero and a mother that we all honor, respect and aspire to be. I want to wish you a VERY HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, COURTIE!

You may not be where you intended to be for Mother's Day this year, but you will be exactly where you have ultimately been put on this great Earth to be, and that is with your beautiful son, CarterMan....Your dedicated husband, Skip (who recognizes that you are better than any Mother he could have dreamt up for his kids), your determined and electric daughter, Caroline....and the many family members and friends that will surround you when the sun comes up in the morning. Please know that beyond your physical company tomorrow, there are hundreds of people by your side in celebration of tomorrow's Mother's Day and always!

I love you today, and always :) HAPPY MOTHERS' DAY!!!!!